With over a decade of experience in the formulation, characterisation and manufacture of stabilised amorphous dispersions, Pharmaterials are pleased to extend their capabilities in the field with the addition of a cGMP Leistritz Hot-Melt Extruder.
Benefits of Hot-Melt Extrusion (HME)
HME can be used to develop pharmaceutical products. The processing technology can:
- improve performance
- reduce manufacturing costs
- be used to produce different dosage forms
- be used as a drug processing technology for poorly soluble compounds and controlled release dosage forms
Our Hot-Melt Extrusion equipment includes:
- 16mm Leistritz Twin Screw Extruder
- 18mm Leistritz Twin Screw Extruder
- K-Tron Precision Powder Feeder
- Pelletizer, Calender & Chiller
The equipment allows for the production of granules, pellets, capsules, tablets and transmucosal dosage forms using HME. We can carry out feasibility studies, using just a few grams of API, through to cGMP production for Phase I and II clinical trials.
The new equipment complements Pharmaterials existing capability for manufacturing spray dried dispersions. It also allows Pharmaterials to develop continuous manufacturing processes of both granulated products and solid dispersion products.
Please contact us to find out more about the exciting opportunities that Hot-Melt Extrusion can provide for your drug delivery.