Main Purpose of the job
To co ordinate and implement the development of analytical methodologies for the analysis of pharmaceutical materials.
Assume responsibility for the analytical activities of assigned projects.
To assume responsibility for maintaining compliant processes with the analytical team and laboratory.
To perform the routine calibration of the lab equipment.
To routinely perform HPLC, FTIR, UV, Dissolution and KF analysis.
To routinely perform some or all of the following NGI, ED, and PSD.
- To provide Analytical expertise to IMP manufacture and Development, Screening & Formulation Development and Inhalation groups and business clients as required.
- To utilize the resources available to ensure that they contribute maximum effectiveness in achieving project objectives.
- To effectively manage multiple conflicting or simultaneous priorities.
- Ensure that GMP compliance is maintained in the Analytical laboratory.
- Maintain the IR, HPLC systems and GMP analytical system and associated documentation e.g. SOPs, Test Methods.
- To generate, assimilate and evaluate technical and scientific data generated and issue reports/protocols in line with project objectives.
- To develop knowledge and become expert in analytical techniques as required meeting business needs.
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss needs with your line manager.
- Undertake equipment and chemical ordering.
- To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities with colleagues.
- To interact and exchange ideas within the group and with other scientists, to foster a creative culture
- Carry out duties in accordance with the companies’ health and safety policies
- Undertake any other duties as requested by management.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours and to do shift work as and when required by the company.
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company needs.
BSc, MSc or PhD
Pharmaceutical, Analytical Chemistry
Supervisory, project and technical experience
Experience of working to cGMP
Understanding of investigational drug development process an advantage
Recruitment agencies need not apply
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.